BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Electric Steering

Post Thanks / Like

Electric Steering

Love this new forum, it will help make great cars even greater! "Kudo's" to all involved in getting it started.

I understand that there have been some revisions to the clocking (positioning) of the elec steering units. I am running a 347 with a Milondon rear sump oil pan and am getting ready this week to install the steering system. My manual is Rev. 1i dated Nov. 2009, are there revisions to the elec steer since then, and if so, could a schematic and instructions be attached to this post?

Thanks, Max

Director of Engineering, FFR Jesper Ingerslev's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Max,
    Yes, I have changed the clocking on the steering unit but this is nothing that you the builder can not do with a drill bit. We have to try and make sure all engines/pans clear. I can e-mail a pdf of the current bracket/holes and you can rotate it to best fit your application and then drill the holes.
    Jesper Ingerslev
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesper, thanks for your prompt reply, sounds like I should wait till I drop the engine in and then locate accordingly. My e-mail is "[email protected]" for the pdf file. Also, there were no wiring instuctions with my electric steer unit or the 3 mtg bolts. Bolts are not a problem as I will pick up locally, but hopefully there is a wiring schematic?

Thanks for your help,
    Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Max,
    You can download the wiring directions directly from the Uni-Steer website.
    Jim

HR #246