Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bumpers

Post Thanks / Like

Bumpers

I have been thinking of a few ways to come up with some innovative ideas for front and rear bumpers without distracting from the flow of the 33 body. I know a few have come up with their own bumpers here.

My big question I guess would be, can you do vertical nerf bars of some kind to pass the laws in some states?

The other challenge I see is mounting the front bumper or nerf bars.

If we can get away with doing nerf bars, then I a few ideas I can start drawing up.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 03-16-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I built some quick and easy bumpers recently. The front mounts with four bolts to the rad mount and may or may not stay depending on local law enforcement. The rear mounts on a frame similar to what Erik H. sells (www.33machine.com) but it has two receivers. The rear bumper can be slid out to hold an extra bag for long trips. The pic are on my build site, near the end. Be interested to see what you come up with.
    www.33coyote.com
    Built with the help of my dad and sons
    coyote/TKO 600, Wilwood Brakes,Boyds tank, QA1 shocks
    Speedhut Gages, rag top, bike fenders, power steering

"Never let physics or common sense get in the way of a good idea"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have nerf bars front and rear on my Cobra and have never been questioned by the authorities and had no issues during the registration.

I've been playing around with a front bumper of 1" tube that basically hugs the shape of the grill shell about a third of the way up from the bottom, then turns outboard for about 1.5 inches that would accept an LED light for a signal light. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Tim Whittaker; 03-16-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You live in Florida, gthere are no inspections for reg./titleing your car, My Cobra,daytona and real steel 34 ford do not have front bumpers........Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whittaker View Post

I have nerf bars front and rear on my Cobra and have never been questioned by the authorities and had no issues during the registration.

I've been playing around with a front bumper of 1" tube that basically hugs the shape of the grill shell about a third of the way up from the bottom, then turns outboard for about 1.5 inches that would accept an LED light for a signal light. Hope that makes sense.
    Lol.......it amazes me how many of us think alike around here That is basiclly what I had in mind, including the signal lights.
    I was thinking to keep that retro look use those bullet lights, like from Headwinds http://www.headwinds.com/mm5/merchan...gory_Code=0202 or Adjure http://www.adjureinc.com/mobumaandtus.html

Can mount the signal lights either on the end, off the top or bottom of the tube depending on the look you are looking for.

I have seen a few nerf bars like we are both talking about, just not with any lights, at least I having seen any yet. That's what gave me the idea, only get it to work with FFR's, since most I have seen work of the frame rails of the '33 orig.

Well that sure put a smile on my face Knowing that somebody else is thinking the same.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Check out canadiancruisers.co. They have the brightest LEDS I have ever experienced. I'm using them for signal,brake and backup lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    You live in Florida, gthere are no inspections for reg./titleing your car, My Cobra,daytona and real steel 34 ford do not have front bumpers........Steven
    I should have been more clear about that, not meaning Florida, mostly was referring to other states that due have bumper laws. That is one of the things I like about Florida, no bumper, front Lic Plate, no fender laws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whittaker View Post
    Check out canadiancruisers.co. They have the brightest LEDS I have ever experienced. I'm using them for signal,brake and backup lights.
    Those are awesome, I made sure I bookmarked that site thanks.