BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Intake Q.

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Intake Q.

Just curious, I noticed a '33 with coyote on youtube on the dyno running the Boss intake manifold that sits higher than the stock manifold. Cant see if the standard hood would still fit as its not a complete car. How much hood clearance is there with the standard coyote and has anyone fitted the Boss coyote motor to a '33 yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know of anyone with a boss. The standard coyote is soo good I'd be surprised if you could lay the boss power down effectively without modifying the suspension. And I would imagine that anything that sticks up above the coyote intake cover is going to warrant some more clearance. But I haven't worked on a coyote yet so I'm not sure.

Oxford, Michigan and Scottsdale AZ (winters)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I putting a new Ford Racing Cobra Jet intake on mine; its the same height as the Boss. Its 11HP peak more than the Boss intake, because we lowered weld joints below the injectors, increased the zip tube area and eliminated the struct brace dent. It does NOT clear the standard hot rod hood...I'm planning a cut out or something because I want to see the intake sticking thru the hood. Do you need this intake or will ever notice the added flow...likely no! It's mostly for the high rise composite intake look, in our application and likely something that few will have. The baseline Coyote intake is a well designed piece and if you don't mind the "squashed" or stock Mustang appearance, its probably your best, most economical choice. However one huge advantage that I'm finding with my 33 build is that I that the high intake allow me to route and hide all wires and hoses and other stuff in the Valley. The Engine ECU actually fits in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, better than the Boss intake I think.

Do you have more detail (part numbers etc) and installation pictures?

Oxford, Michigan and Scottsdale AZ (winters)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ford Racing part number is M-9424-M50CJ

What type of installation pictures are you looking for? I don't yet have any of it in my hot rod with the hood on. if your looking for dimensions, specific pictures or have any other question, please let me know, I will try to answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss-302-Intake-016.jpg

good link on boss install some where I have pics of height with ruler I'll look

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t286131/