Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cheetah Find?

Post Thanks / Like

Cheetah Find?

I recently made an interesting find. I was looking for a certain business but was on the wrong street. Pulled in to ask directions and by luck stumbled into a shop that provides concierge service for folks that race vintage SCCA cars. All kinds of neat cars were in the shop, especially Alfas and old 2002tii BMWs. The manager was very willing to show me around and answer questions. Over in the corner was a car with body off. He said it was a Cheetah. The body was in another corner and the car was undergoing some repairs.

I knew nothing about Cheetah cars so when I got home, I did a search on the web to see what I could learn. To make a long story short, it seems only 11-19 cars can be accounted for today and only one is an open car. The Cheetah in the shop I found is an open car.

I'll go back and inspect the car more closely. Anybody know what to look for to verify my find? Chassis # location, etc? This car could be either a repro kit or an original. If it's an original and it is truly an open car, this would be a rare one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shell Valley does (did?) Cheetah roadsters:

More than likely that's what you found.

Jeff