Over the weekend I completed the mock up of all the fittings that go on the trunk lid:

Trunk License Plate Access Cover:

The kit does not come with a cover for the access hole for the license plate light so I made a template from a file folder and cut out the cover from left over aluminum. This photo is after drilling the holes and grinding out for the trunk light switch.

The cover was roughly cut and then trimmed, ground and sanded to fit in the recess of the access. With the help of a little heat the aluminum was bent to the curvature of the opening.

Trunk Light:

The light is designed to be recessed into the aluminum so a hole was cut out and four holes drilled to support the light. Because I wanted to be able to shut the light off with the trunk open a toggle switch was added to the circuit and mounted between the light and the handle.

In hindsight I wish I had looked a little harder to find a round light which would have looked better; this one does put plenty of light out.

The light is controlled via a mercury type tilt switch which provides an input to the InfinityBox system. The power comes from the rear POWERCELL mounted in the trunk. Power and grounds for the lights are routed through a 3 pin weather pack which allows the trunk to be removed with all wiring installed (that is after its painted and reassembled).