Folks,

Since I was a young driver I have dreamed about building my own car. I got the bug for sports cars when my Dad would take me down to the local VW/Porsche. While he was buying a green 68 bug, I was admiring the international orange Porsche. Back then these cars were simple and pure; a light car with no frills and lots of power for the weight.

When in high school, it was to take my 64 VW Beetle and turn it into a dune buggy. Well as we all know family, life and job all had a higher priority so my daily drivers were "store bought" as we say down south. First it was a 1972 Triumph Spitfire I had in college; a fun driving car but painful to maintain on a college kid's budget. After being fed up by the reliability of the Spitfire, I purchased a Toyota Corolla SR5 which had no virtues in the way of sportiness but was Number 1 in Consumer Reports. My next venture into the sports car world was a Datsun 280Z. The last of the original body "z" cars, it was a blast to drive. After that car I went into the dark side driving a 1973 VW camper and Volvo sedan until buying and restoring a 1981 MGB and a Volvo sedan before buying and restoring a 1981 MGB. Although a typically British car to maintain, it served me well making 2 transcontinental trips. After a few years in Cadillacs, I finally got back into a car that provided the comforts and handling I really enjoyed; a BMW 330 CI convertible. In 2007, I bought a new BMW 335I which is now my daily driver. Now I am starting my ultimate dream of building a car by putting together a Factory Five Racing Mark 4 Roadster.

Carl