I've been patiently waiting for many years to purchase an MKIV with the exact specs that I'm looking for, but I'd like to gauge availability of unwanted projects first. A perfect match would be a partially started or unstarted MKIV with IRS. The rest of my personal options that don't match could be dealt with at a later date, i.e: swap out and sell the parts I'm not interested in. Actually, IRS could be added after the fact but enough people are interested in a live axle car that purchasing a live axle chassis and welding in the IRS sub-frame just doesn't seem reasonable.
Although MKIV is preferred, I'm certainly open to earlier models as well. I'm in WI but I've got a car hauler and am willing to travel pretty much any where in the US. I'm secretly thinking I can use this as an opportunity to speed up the purchase with my chief financial officer(wife...). "But honey, if I don't move quickly, it'll be gone....". As opposed to no real good time to make a FF purchase, even with some of their sales.
Let me know if you're thinking about selling and want to chat.

Thanks,
TJ