Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Electric Fan turn-on temp

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too am having a problem with my Gen 2 Coyote's cooling fan operation.
    My issue is that it never comes on.
    It had been working a few months ago (only 5 months total running since late October 2023 Graduation and registration).
    At normal driving here in "mid-Winter into Spring" Arizona, including stop lights, the engine temp stays in-band 180-190. However, if I get into a traffic jam and it's stop and go for more than say 5 minutes or upon entry into a car show que with similar stop and go crawl, the indicated coolant temp. starts to rise alarmingly, to over 212 even just over 220. Luckily, the traffic flows have started and very soon the coolant temp comes right back down to the 180-190 area.
    I then realized that I don't believe that the fan is running at all. I haven't driven the car since, just a week now, as I'm trying to diagnose and fix the issue.
    My Coyote/car is wired to use the Coyote Controls system to control the fan operation. I've checked the Coyote fuse box and the JC2 Cooling Fan Relay feed looks OK (visually the fuse-link is intact). I can't really check if the R2 Power Cooling Fan relay is functional, but physically on the outside it looks nominal.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bob Brandle; 03-30-2024 at 12:45 PM.