BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: I Think The Driving Season is Coming To an END

Post Thanks / Like

I Think The Driving Season is Coming To an END

We had 30 cm or 1 foot of snow over the weekend. No highs greater than 13 degrees Celsius or about 57 Fahrenheit in the long range forecast. Climate change is not working for me. It’s outside so I have space to get at my press and finish rebuilding a transmission on my other project. Hoping for at least one more good day of driving to fill it with gas, change the oil and put it to bed for winter.

This Sucks

Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still waiting for driving season to start down here in Alabama. We are breaking records with heat everyday 95-100F. It is way to hoot to drive the cobra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine's in the employee parking lot right now
    Record highs over in this neck of the woods.
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here. Saw today was going to hit 85. Then tomorrow low 60's upper 50's for the highs for the long term forecast. Getting one last drive today. (of course it was my bumper to bumper, hour long commute on i-55 into downtown Chicago. but oh well, a drive is a drive.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Myrtle Beach not only welcomes you here, but encourages you to sell off the snow blowers and move South. Life's too short to shovel snow for half of it. :-)
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

6. Likes speedfreak1211, Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! That is a lot of early snow.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm B View Post
    We had 30 cm or 1 foot of snow over the weekend. No highs greater than 13 degrees Celsius or about 57 Fahrenheit in the long range forecast. Climate change is not working for me. It’s outside so I have space to get at my press and finish rebuilding a transmission on my other project. Hoping for at least one more good day of driving to fill it with gas, change the oil and put it to bed for winter.

This Sucks

Norm
    Put some snow shoes on it and a knit hat and it'll be fine. We just got back from Lake Tahoe and it snowed 6+" (wet stuff) while there. Nice thing was it was parked in the owners garage area.

cobra_tower.jpg
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abdw-wcw View Post
    Same here. Saw today was going to hit 85. Then tomorrow low 60's upper 50's for the highs for the long term forecast. Getting one last drive today. (of course it was my bumper to bumper, hour long commute on i-55 into downtown Chicago. but oh well, a drive is a drive.)
    Hey, I'm just off 1-55 at the Kingery Highway exit. Have to travel out of town this week, but next week plan on driving to work at least once or twice. Would love to hook up and see your car if you have time. I'll PM you the day before I bring it.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from the dentist. He loves English cars & has a few roadsters. 98*F fight now. Love the almost 365 day driving season here. That said the non almost driving days can look like this.

12/10/18 snow was gone in 3 days & New Years Day 1/1/19 was back to T-shirt weather at 71*F
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15