Hi guys. Just found my way here while googling for EZ30D conversions and turbo set ups. I'm currently running one of these motors retrofitted into an earlier Gen2 Legacy (called a Liberty here in Australia), with the factory H6 ecu and a dual range manual conversion. The most common trick to stop ECU codes popping up with a manual setup is to ground the neutral switch at the ECU, which is what has been done to my car. It's not ideal though as its struggles to idle smoothly and occasionally stalls when coming to a stop and pushing the clutch in, which is scary when the break vacuum and power steer suddenly disappears.

I recently found this thread on RS25.com where someone has wired up a transistor to trick the ECU into manual/auto when the clutch is pushed in to solve the problem I have with mine.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t155...z30d-swap.html

I'm very interested to see how you go with turboing this motor. I off-road my vehicle so would be looking at a high comp - low psi setup like Wayne is talking about, and was just looking at those same Garrett turbos.

For those that haven't driven a H6 with a manual they have the same torque and hp as a factory turbo and they go like it too, with no lag! In factory form the auto is an ugly power sucking parasite and doesn't do the motor justice.

A short video of how my H6 sounds tearing up a sand dune Down Under