Hello FFR community. I'm headed up to FFR for the first time next Wednesday with a couple friends. Had my eye set on a replica Cobra for about 15 years now and I think its time to pull the trigger; the 50/50 deal ignited the fire under my butt to get things going. I think I have a pretty good set of build specs in mind which I'd like to share and receive comments and suggestions. Plan to run the coyote 5.0L not sure which flavor yet. I was planning on the BOSS (M50B) but I'm thinking I might save a few pennies and run the "base" (M50) crate motor or step up a bit to the A50NA. Regardless I love the idea of a modern, variable cam timing, all aluminum engine in a classic vehicle like the MK4. I'd like to run a Tremec but unsure if it'll be a 5 or 6 speed. Solid rear axle with a Torsen. IRS has its place, I just feel its not for me and this car unless i'm talked into it. Planning on dark metallic gray paint, no stripes and thinking I might go with flat black powder coat on everything that is usually chrome. Big brakes of course to slow things down. One thing I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing up at FFR is the chassis. Has anyone ever attached any kind of trailer hitch to one of these cars? Before you start calling me crazy let me explain. One of my closest buddies was paralyzed from the chest down 4 years ago and he is a big automotive fan; him and his wheel chair absolutely must be able to roll with me. I'm thinking of building some sort of rack that could slide into a 2" receiver and would carry his chair which I'm very doubtful would fit in the trunk of an MK4. I'm sure I could come up with something with the help of you all.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this project and joining the FFR community. Thanks for having me.