just wondering..... i assembled my new axles as described/shown in the manual. my donar is a 2006 wrx wagon, the passanger side going into the transmission is the "traditional" CV joint with all the small balls in the joint. The driver side has the three lobes on the can and the guts consist of the three larger rollers. reading the manual......kind of late now since boots are on and everything i thought was finished.... i see that you are supposed to mark the orientation of the rollers with the lobes in the can so when you reassemble it you put the roller back in the can in the position it was originally in. i failed to do this. Does it matter?? are the positions on the lobed can different? or does the manual just want you to reassemble the same due to not changing the developed wear points.?

the only reason i question this is because the two joints that are different (both feed into the transmission) feel differently when you "play" with them off the car. the traditional joint with the small balls rotates very uniformly at an angle. the lobed joint with the rollers feels a little different, but still rotates at an angle, it feels a little looser. Is this something to be concerned about?

here are the 2 axles:
normal can:
image.jpg

lobed can:
image.jpg