BAER 818R Spacer Install

This is what I did. Seemed to work well so feel free to use this as a guide.

Things you will need:
5/8" drill bit
A step drill bit that has a 5/8" step in it
2- Grade 8, 5/8" hex bolt (5" works the best for me)
2- Grade 8 Lock nuts (and washers if you want to be extra safe)
1- 1/2 pipe long enough to cut to make (2) 2 7/16th spacers. I grabbed a single 1/2 x 7" galvanized pipe from the plumbing section. Take your 5" bolts and test fit them inside. Mine fit perfectly.
Sawzall
Flat metal file
Black Paint

Step 1-

Cut pipe (I used a Sawzall). I cut the threaded ends off one side, then measured 2-7/16" and marked it. Cut it trying to keep it straight. I cleaned it up with a metal file. Repeat for 2nd spacer.

Step 2-

Measure everything again, and file flat if there are any high points. If you have to file away a little more below 2-7/16th, its OK because you can always use the included shims that came with the Baer kit to bring it back to 2- 7/16th (notice one spacer has a shim) ***also note those are 4.5" bolts- the 5" bolts are required for the hardware I used.

Step 3-

Paint the spacers if you like and let them dry while you start working on the spindles. (See Above...ooooohhhhh Aaaahhhhhhh)

Step 4-

Grab the Step drill bit and mark with a Sharpie the 5/8" step. The step drill is important. It makes it so you can center the 5/8" drill bit later. Drill down with the step drill ONLY TO THE 5/8" step (Sharpie Mark)

Step 5-

Grab the 5/8" drill bit and drill down trying to maintain correct alignment- If the drill bit is grabbing alot, re-position straight in relation to the hole.

Step 6-

Install away and tighten everything up.

Step 7-

Grab a beverage and relax knowing you will not have crazy bumpsteer racing around the track.