FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to see what the dash looked like from the drivers seat. The highest point (that would block my range of vision) is at the body line. It comes out flat about 6 inches, and then rolls down, even further out of the way. The Gap that you see at the column will be covered by the gauge cluster. And then the opening between the column cover and the cluster will have a leather cover to hide the opening. It should give it a very nice, finished look. There is plenty of room for my knees under the dash. I'm 5'11" (6'0" on a good day), so the car may be a bit of a tight fit for anyone any taller.

The center section will be trimmed out to allow for the double-din audio unit, and the a/c vents. Maybe it's just me, but it really looks like it fits the car now.

You may notice some gray patches at the upper edge of the dash foam. This is where the hard mounts were glassed in and covered.

Metal Tabs have been welded in which will act as anchors for the dash mounts. They'll be ground smooth and painted to prevent them from rusting.

The underside of the dash shows the mounts that have been glassed in place. Once everything has been cut and shaped, the dash will be covered in Fiberglass mat & resin, sanded, and sealed. A very thin padding will be used to give the surface a uniform appearance. At least that's the plan...
    Last edited by The Stig; 07-25-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081