I was talking with Bob tonight and he shared his thoughts on some of the engine failures. It was sort of discussed in someones build thread, but I can't find it now. The coolant has several ways to go when exiting the pump. All of those paths are essentially the same except for the path to and from the radiator. One of Bob's theories (and it made sense to me) was the with the addition of the corrugated tubing, the extended length, that additional bends, and the additional ups and downs of the 818 radiator system that flow through the radiator is likely severely reduced as flow is instead pushed through the other channels and the coolant has the chance to become steam and cause engine problems. A picture was posted of the FFR car using an inline booster pump.

I use an electric booster on my F500. The engine is from a snowmobile and uses a single radiator in stock config. The motor requires quite a bit of cooling as it is raced in 90F weather when it was designed to run in freezing temperatures. To combat this, we run two radiators in parallel. To help flow I use a small electric bosch water pump.

Is this required? I don't know. What we really need is the ability to datalog a car with sensors pre intercooler, post intercooler, and sensors in the block for coolant and in the line going to and form the radiator. Until someone does that I'm going to assume that an inline pump can't hurt. Does anyone have recommendations. I'm seeing everything from the standard AWIC pumps, to $400 mezier and steward pumps.