I am working through the compliance checklist so as to register my 818SR for use on New Zealand roads. There are a couple of issues that can be fixed relatively easily like bolts being too short (i.e. the must have 2 threads exposed) and inadequate seat belt mountings for the inertia reel belts, but the biggest issue is with bump steer.

My donor is a JDM 2004 WRX and has the standard steering rack. I have mounted it as per the manual. I have leveled it off with an additional shim (about 10mm) under the driver-side of the rack but it still has a major issue with bump steer - it has about 30mm toe movement over the 100mm suspension travel. I have spoken to Junty who advised on the need to shim the standard mounting rack mounting position.

Is this a problem specific to my car (as Justin's seems ok) or is it a problem with the RHD version of the kit. Is it a general problem with all kits? What have others done to solve this issue if it is a design problem or don't the US compliance authorities worry themselves with such things?

Open to all suggestions.

Cheers
George