Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carbon Canister/Evap line pluming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carbon Canister/Evap line pluming

Hi all,

I have a 2003 wrx donor and I have tried to research on here as to how to do the pluming on the subaru carbon canister and evap hoses but there isn't quite enough detail. Most guys are removing all of the purge valve solenoids from their intake but I unfortunately do not have a COBB Accessport to delete the codes that would result from that. The only person I have seen install the original carbon canister is GoldWing but the pictures don't show enough detail inorder for me to be able to repeat it. I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me determine where these hoses connect to? (see pictures).
    IMG_0582.jpgIMG_0583.jpgIMG_0584.jpg

1st picture:
    #1 The large hose connection: Unsure as to where this was from
    #2 This was a large vent from the main tank, as I don't have one with the new FFR tank what should I do? Cap it off?
    #3 I think this would connect to the vent valve on the tank supplied from FFR (correct me if I am wrong)

2nd picture:
    #4 I am not sure where this goes as it was cut from the donor and sent to me.

3rd picture:
    #5 I really don't know what this is for or even if I still need it?

Any help is much appreciated! I am very confused at this moment as this is the first non-carborated cars fuel system I have worked on!

Thanks,
    Ian
    Last edited by iblackwe; 06-15-2015 at 12:35 PM.