Hello, I'm trying to build a factory five racing kit car and have been looking a lot to decide whether to build a type 65 or the mk4. I've read a lot of forums and information about both builds and the trend seems to tell that the type 65 is more challenging than the mk4.

However I really like the type 65 due to the fact that they are much more unique and have more creature confort possibilities like a/c and a roof top.

I've owned a t-bucket before and actually crashed it very hard when I was at college in Mexico due to the carburator sticking at full throttle I had taken the car to a mechanic to replace the trotted cable, it has a 350 engine and ran 11.30 et. The rollbar saved my life that time It is almost ready to go back in the street. Also I have a 66 mustang coupe and a 57 bel air that was built from scratch and heavily modified.

I do most of the mechanical and structural work on the cars but haven't painted one yet, this would be a first. I've read that the body work in the type 65 coupe is much more than on the mk4.

I have the means and will to buy the kit but haven't decided yet on which one. I mean they are almost the same price but the time frames of the coupe builds seem to be in years compared to the mk4 which are regularly done in months!

Any suggestions will be welcomed, since I know that you have much more info and experience building these beautiful cars, and hope that I can provide info about the build once I can decide which one to build.

Thank you!!