I have recently purchased a 818 project that was not completed and figure i will start a build thread to track my progress and hopefully get some help when i run into problems. being that i did not disassemble the Subaru and have no past experience with Subaru's the most difficult part may be figuring out where things go and what hardware i need. currently i have a rolling chassis and a motor that has been broken down to the short block. i have rebuild heads direct from a local dealer that need to be installed with all new gaskets. the timing belt is what currently has me a bit nervous re-assembling the motor. water pump has been replaced but i believe the oil pump has 150k miles not sure if the oil pump should be replaced as well. I plan to do a mild fun street car and may try autox out if i can find the time. upgrades for now are simple with an AWIC right away while i have easy access running the water lines and then i will build the kit as is ad upgrade when the car is complete as i can never stop working on my projects.

This will be my first build thread so feel free to give me any tips on keeping up with my thread as well as assembling the 818. i have worked on jeeps in the past building offroad wheeling vehicles and have two 88 Fiero gt's that have been my projects but they may be sold to fund this build.

So far i have started working on the wiring and deleted ABS, Cruise, power windows and locks all trunk lighting, DRL's except the black relay as i have heard some issues with lights not working. still need to locate the actual engine harness.

i will add some pictures soon and hopefully my progress along the way.