Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First build need tips Ordering base kit and picking options from you experienced guys

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

First build need tips Ordering base kit and picking options from you experienced guys

Hello all I plan to make my order real soon as factory five is having the 50/50 sale for option stuff. I plan to buy the base kit and just add the goodies needed.

1 - What are the main options I should add in a base or complete kit

2- What are the options I should add on just to take advantage of the 50/50 sale

3- I already have a 8.8 3.55 rear end with a auburn diff off a 1990 fox body I bought locally. Which rear end option should I choose? regular oem 4 link or upgraded 4 link? The upgraded 3 link is an option also but which one is the best bang for the buck or should I just order the best one now to get it over with the first time

4- I plan to use a LS1/t56. Should I order the "Roadster Coyote Installation Kit and header" or should I just order the regular J-pipes: 87-95 Mustang 5.0l donor and build off that.

5- Would the fox body lsx mount kits you can find online work in my ls1 mounting situation?

I'm trying to be stay low in budget as possible for now. If I can get away with just the most basic realistic setup to order to get on the road and just upgrade as later I could do that also.

Parts I already have
    -1990 fox body 8.8 rear end complete
    -complete ls1/t56 from a 2001 ss camaro "Complete as I pretty much have a complete drive able wrecked donor in my garage"

Thanks everyone. I did search some builds thread so I have some options written on my note book of build plan but I pretty much made this Thread to get everyone's knowledgeable input and tips as This is my first build. I have modded many built high horse power ls1 cars and 1000+ hp 2jzgte supras in my garage just never really built a car from ZERO before.

thanks everyone
    CHEERS!

Anyone from California "Bay Area" with a roadster maybe I can seevor take me on a drive? I have a 2011 bmw m3 e92 daily driven 700hp supercharged you can take on a test drive also as a return of the favor! lol
    Last edited by 2jzinsider; 05-22-2016 at 07:49 PM.