I'm building an MK4 Roadster using a 1996 donor, with a 4.6 liter SOHC motor. I started the build in January 2016. Suspension, brakes, rear end, engine, transmission, and radiator are in. (I installed the radiator and hoses this weekend, as well as clutch cable). I have two questions today.

First, The kit came with an oil filter relocation kit. I don't see why I need to use it. There seems to be plenty of frame clearance with the stock filter mount. The instruction manual describes the relocation kit as being used with earlier model motors, but not the 1996-2004 motors. Why is it included with the basic roadster kit, and do you recommend using it?

Second, I can't figure out how and where to mount the stock air intake, MAF sensor, and air filter. My throttle body has the "mustang" emblem on top. The stock rubber intake hose doesn't seem to have the correct angles or length to fit in either the engine compartment or the wheel well. Does anyone have pictures of a roadster using the 1996 stock set up? In the alternative, I have found an inexpensive aluminum cold air intakes on ebay. (you can see them on ebay, searching "1996 mustang gt cold air intake". It's under $50. Anyone know if these cheap cold air intakes will work on my roadster, and will it be better than the stock intake (which doesn't seem to fit the roadster in stock condition anyway)?

Thanks