Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Audit help request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Audit help request

I bought my kit used and it had been put together hastily so potential buyers could see it. The seller warned me to take it completely apart and rebuild it from the ground up. Of course I couldn't take such excellent advice. To be fair I did take a year to pull it mostly apart and reassemble it. Got it registered last Friday took it out and curbed it when the steering shaft fell off the steering wheel assembly. Fortunately worse damage was my pride though I screwed up the lower A arm on the passenger side.

So I stopped and really poured through the instructions and removed the entire steering assembly except for the steering box. I found a couple of problems that contributed to the fiasco not the least of which the fitment of the knuckle just outside the firewall's retaining screw and no locktite. So I have put the appropriate set screw in the firewall knuckle and locktited everything else. Would appreciate it if you guys that really know what you are doing take a moment and peel through my pics to see if anything looks awry. Also any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a question. When you put the se3t screw in, it leaves a witness mark on the shaft rod. Anyone ever drill a 1/32 inch how e over the witness mark to give the set screw a place to bite?

Steering Column to firewall inside
    Steering-7.jpgSteering-8.jpg

Firewall knucle
    Steering-9.jpgSteering-3.jpg

Frame Bearing
    Steering-4.jpgSteering-17.jpgSteering-18.jpg

Steering Box
    Steering-5.jpgSteering-6.jpg
    Last edited by wrp; 11-01-2016 at 06:52 PM.