I'm torn on the treatment of my engine compartment. Part of me is thinking Sharkhide (which is on order) the other part is thinking color match the exterior (either lexus spectre mica or ford sonic blue) and a little devil inside of me is saying black rustoleum hammered paint.

I have a few samples of the hammered paint on alluminum panels. I used a aluminum specific etching primer and 3 coats of the black hammered paint it its tough and looks pretty good. I've seen several pictures of aluminum panels but none of the "straight from the factory milled" sharkhided (not sure if that's even a word) panels. If you would be so kind to toss up a photo of what you did and what you used i would appreciate it. I have looked through a few engine pic threads but the focus in those pictures is mainly motor so its hard to tell. Thanks for any help.

As a side note... what other parts should i be prepared to paint when my kit comes in?? I have black POR 15 on order as well. The rear end will get this treatment.