Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as far as the pressure test goes, just buy or fab up a 1.5 inch to 1.25 inch converter, then run a "loop hose" from the water pump inlet to the outlet. If you are running a header tank setup, simply plug the heater hose line and then put a compressed air fitting on one of the tank fittings. Then hook up your air compressor WITH THE REGULATOR SET TO ZERO, and gradually increase pressure to around 15 psi. If you want to put water into the system to help identify any leaks easier, that can be done too. If there are any other inlets/outlets that need to be plugged, of course also plug these. This should show you if there are any obvious leaks before you install the engine into position where it may be difficult to get to to fix.

Stig- I don't know Jesse Bubb from Adam and have never used him, but in his defense, it is simply impossible to tune your ECM to your specific engine without running the engine on either an engine or chassis dyno. He certainly could fix VATS issues and put in a rough tune to get the engine running initially, but a specific tune that is niether too rich or too lean, too rich would be the preference IMHO, would really be impossible to do until the engine is running. Especially if anything like a cam has been changed. Maybe you were expecting too much? Maybe he owes you some dyno time? I don't know what you had worked out with him, but it would probably be best to talk directly with him before posting something negative. I know I would want every chance to make something right before seeing someone posting something negative about me or one of the products my company sells. FYI- When I reconfigured my harness to go from the rear of the engine to the front, there were only a few wires I needed to lengthen, so it won't look all that different, but what is important is if it all fits and works correctly.

As far as Jeff Schwartz, probably same goes there, but I am surprised that nobody mentioned to you, at the least, that there were a couple bolts broken off on the pump. Either they didn't disassemble the pump before welding, which in my book would be a no-no, or they totally dropped the ball on telling you those were broken.
    Last edited by crash; 07-14-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts