Hello everybody, I’m Kyle McGlone of FormaCars. For anyone who hasn’t seen our intro post yet, we are a sponsoring vendor out of Columbus, Ohio. Currently we are building both a MK4 Roadster and Gen3 Type 65. The plan is to have both cars finished in time to show them at the London Cobra Show. Doug will be keeping everyone updated on the MK4 build thread, which can be found here.

Both cars get the engine, transmission, and rear end from low mileage 2016 Mustang GTs. We decided to go off the beaten path a bit and stick with the MT82 to keep it consistent. We have test fit the combo in the MK4 so far, and have begun developing a shifter solution. Both cars will also be receiving a Titanium Gray paint job, accented with black and our signature lime green. Just picture it: Two matching Cobras with 435hp, six speed manuals, and less weight than a Civic. One roadster, one coupe, both singing their V8 song through side pipes. Could this be the perfect set of twins?

Maybe so, but I'm Kyle, and I have a problem. So I had another idea for "twins"...
IMG_20170308_151621.jpg

As if 435hp in a ~2300lb car wasn’t enough, the Type 65 will be receiving twin turbos. Not just any turbos either, a pair of Borg Warner EFR7163s.
The oil pump gears will be replaced with billet units to support the high power, but the rest of the engine internals will remain factory. We have a few supporting mods as well, which you’ll see soon.

First, here it is the day we picked it up.
20170215_110650.jpg
20170215_110709.jpg

We inventoried both cars on the same day, and realized just how well Factory Five packages all the parts. Look at that pile!
IMG_20170301_154121.jpg

Just this afternoon, our painter Marek came by to bring us a test piece. The colors are hard to capture indoors (where this photo was taken), but it sure looks great in the sun!
IMG_20170308_142449.jpg