Hey guys

So I plan to ship a car from the southern US to Niagara Falls. I like Intercity Lines from what I read, problem is they do door to door pickup.

The problem is once I sign for the car, it's mine and anything that happens to it is my problem. So if something happens to the car before Intercity picks it up, it's my pproblem. Now I was reading on another Canadian forum, and I found out that youhave a 14 day grace period until your car's "free insurance" from your insurance company runs out.

And when the car is being signed off during pickup AND also during dropoff, there are so many variables that if a scratch happened, the dealer signing off on the car, the transport guy or the dropoff guy at CBI, could point fingers and say "they" did it.

Also, I found out that you have to wait until the Ministry of Transportation allows you to register your car and plate it (could take up to 2 weeks after crossing the border), before your car is registered and only then can you insure it under Canadian law.

Any ideas how I could make insuring the car and liability a lot easier than it seems?

Thanks so much!