I have the body mounted on my MK4 roadster. Everything seems fine up until I tried to mount my side pipes. I followed the instructions off of a handful of body work threads and dropped the body on the frame. Got the front mounted up with the body mounts and quick jack bolts. Then I proceeded to put the front elephant ears on. Tomorrow I plan on tackling the windshield when I have help. Today I decided to mount the side pipes to get them out of the way. Here are a few pictures of what I'm up against.

IMG_2864.JPG
IMG_2863.JPG

As you can see the driver side went in, albeit very close to the front fender flair. I'm not sure about trimming the body here as there isn't much room before you get into the roll of the fender. It seems to be sitting a little low on this side as well.

IMG_2866.JPG
IMG_2865.JPG

This is the passenger side. Its a good ways off. The sidepipes would hit both on the top of the cutout as well as the front side similar to the drivers side. I thought about loosening the motor mounts and try to rock the motor more towards the passenger side, kind of shimming it to tilt the motor more to the left and tilt that header down. It would even out my drivers side in the opening height wise and lower the passenger side. My issue is the front to back problem.

I looked at everything once again and saw that my 3/4' tubes for the engine compartment are a little off. The passenger side is about 1/2' under the lip of the engine compartment. The driver side is tucked right up against that lip. Here are a few picutres. I didn't pay much mind to this when setting the body up for the first time mainly because I know there can be some variance in these tubes and their placement.

IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2867.JPG

Any ideas??? thanks for all of the help guys.