Here are some of the other items I've been working on for the last couple of weeks or so. These are side projects which have nothing to do with the actual build, but I consider necessary for mine:

With regards to the custom-made firewall panel addition, I finally finished it. This contraption you see here is supposed to be the "bracket" for the ignition coil. The way I did this allows me to mount the awkwardly-shaped coil, while still giving me enough room between it and the panel for the coil to fit, placing the coil forward enough to clear the 2"x2" square tubing to allow for the electrical connector to be plugged in, and allowing me to remove the coil from the front without removing the whole panel to do so.

The coil mounted to the "bracket". This set-up still gives plenty of room between it and the engine.

After the panel was powder-coated, I attached all the intended items (fuel regulator, MAP sensor, starter solenoid and ignition coil) onto it and temporarily installed the panel to the frame to make sure everything fit.

I need a place to mount the fuel pump controller and the battery shut-off switch. I decided to place them together in a custom-fabricated box. This box would be installed under the trunk floor, but easily accessible via a bolted lid, much like the after-market battery boxes. I started with a drawing with dimensions gathered from the trunk's frame and obstructions. Then, I transferred the dimensions onto board paper pieces which I bent and taped together, then mocked onto the frame to make sure it fit.

Once I was satisfied with the fitment of the template, I used the board pieces to make aluminum counter parts. I then drilled the necessary holes and marked where each piece needed to be bent. Thanks to Henry (65 Cobra Dude) for letting me use his metal brake to do this part (I really need to purchase one, but can't decide if I want just a brake or a much more expensive 3-in-1).

This is the pre-assembled box for the fuel pump control unit attached to the frame by cleckos for fitment purposes. I still need to drill holes for all the items and wires which will be installed within the box and fabricate the lid. I will be doing this later, during the wiring part of the build and once the battery is installed.

Carlos