BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NOTICE! Clutch Pedal/MC Link Binding..Check yours!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

NOTICE! Clutch Pedal/MC Link Binding..Check yours!!

I've been working on the clutch operation on a Gen II GTM with a Mendy transaxle. The clutch would not disengage even though it felt like the system was bled well and all of the adjustments in the Mendy instruction manual looked fine. There was no clutch pedal stop installed in the car, and I finally noticed that the clutch pedal would not go all the way down to the firewall like all of the GTMs I've worked on before. I got to looking and found the problem.....the clevis on the clutch pedal that the MC rod is threaded into binds up on the clutch pedal. I notice that the Gen II's have the bigger bare aluminum foot pedals with the holes in them vs the older pedals that were smaller and just had skateboard tape on them. I'm guessing that all of the older pedal boxes with the skateboard tape are fine and probably all of the new pedal boxes with the bare alum pedals with the holes have this problem.

Anyway, I know this is not a clean cut-off with Gen I vs Gen II cars since I have built a Gen II that still had the older pedals with the skateboard tape. I've heard a lot of people complain of heavy clutch pedals....especially with the Mendy transaxle, and I'm wondering if this is not part of the problem. Anyway, here is what you end up with due to this binding situation. Top pic shows the clutch in the up position...where the binding occurs in the down position. I can't get a very good pic of the binding in the down position because there's just no room to get in there with the camera.....so it's a bit blurry.

Well....photobucket is not working like it used to and my files are apparently too big to upload....so if you want to see the pics, you might have to go over to the "other" forum.....
    Last edited by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC; 07-11-2017 at 04:03 PM.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts