So I am 50 years old now and I think that most of the guys on here are probably not to far from that age +/-. I became a car guy because of the huge gigantic influence of my dad.
My grandfather owned a garage and with that my dad learned how to work on cars and so did his three brothers. So I was born into a car family. He bought a 23 Model T many years ago and we have discussed building it for years once he retired. However now that he has the time to do it his health has taken a turn for the worst. He has told me that I can have the car and it will be my next project once the 33 is done. He has owned some cool cars like a '74 Formula Firebird, a Karmann Ghia and he still tells stories about his Nash Rambler that he and his brother dropped in a fuel injected 327 out of his brothers 59 Corvette.

But I recently realized that an additional big influence was CarToons Magazine. Once I found out that they were back in print I went and bought a year subscription ( https://www.cartoonsmag.com ) and while reading it I realized just how much it impacted me. I remember walking up to the store as a kid and checking out the magazine stand looking for the latest issue. Wishing it was monthly and not bi-monthly. While sitting around thinking about my Hot Rod build I find that some of the things I want to do are from CarToons. The big motor sticking out of the hood, the loud exhaust and I have even thought about the long 3' shifter sticking out of the top of the car. Even my desired paint job has some CarToons in it.

So, I can't be the only one that was influenced by it so much. Anyone else feel the same way?