Greetings,

I'm new around here, and I've been doing as much research as I can on the 818C. I've been looking for a less expensive, but still very fast street/track car, and the 818C looks like just the ticket. I've built a number of experimental airplanes, and done a lot of work on cars, including one Cobra replica decades ago, so the building part won't be a problem. I do admit to being almost completely unfamiliar with Subarus, except for flying a Subaru powered gyroplane a number of hours.

I would build the coupe for sure, since I'm not all that fond of open cars, but I also tend to have headroom issues since I'm all neck :-) I know I could arrange a trip to MA, but I'd really like to try to find an 818C closer to home to look at. Ideally, I'd like to sit in one to see if I have any headroom. Since I've never seen one of these in person, I'd even be very interested in seeing an 818S, or maybe even an R if there happens to be one that's not too far away.

Is there anyone near East TN who could show me a completed, or nearly completed car? Getting a ride would be a huge bonus :-)

Thanks,
Rusty