Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stack's Hot Rod Build Page

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stack's Hot Rod Build Page

12/22/08

Well the parts are adding up quick I figured I would get started on my Build page.

Here is the motor. It is from a 94/95 Lincoln MKVIII. This was left over NOS from ford. It has a build date of 8/94 so not sure which model year it is from. I drained the oil and began teardown of the unneeded parts. This engine has never been fired.

Here is the Transmission. I purchased a tremec 3560 again left over stock from the 07 mustang builds. Well turns out this trans is not usable unless I change the shifter location and run a different drive shaft. I then planed on changing the main shaft and tail housing. Well that does not work either. The main body on the 99-04, and 05+ 3560s are different. Turns out the only part of the case that is interchangable is the bell housing. the 99-04 has a cable operated clutch and the 05+ is hydraulic. Not sure on what to do with the trans now.

The rearend is from ford racing. (thanx max). I will be running 3.73 gears. Here is the boy getting the rear cover open so we can test fit the axels I got from VegasVogal.

12/31/08

Got to work on things a little bit more today. I installed a Champ Pan that I picked up from Richard at North Race Cars. The fit is perfect, but I had to shorten 4-5 of the stock mounting bolts to get them on.

I also installed a ford explorer water outlet/oil filter housing. This was recomended by FFR and is in the manual if you are using a 4.6 motor.

More to come

stack
    Last edited by stack; 02-21-2011 at 09:40 AM.