Hey Gang,

I purchased the Innovate LM-2 with the exhaust clamp to read my AFR. I want to share my results and make sure I adjust my carb in the right direction. Here are the specs on my motor and the results of my AFR readings.

Specs:
302 with GT40P heads, B303, QuickFuel 600cfm carb with vacuum secondaries. My initial timing is 8*. My total timing is 33*. I know my initial seems a little low, but I set it there because I was more concerning about my total timing being safe while tuning. I plan to raise my initial to 10 or 12* and put limiters in my dizzy to keep it between 32 and 34*.

AFR readings:
Cruise: perfect. between 14.5 and 15.0

Part Throttle: Was seeing a lean condition. Started by spiking to 20.0ish when rolling into it, then settling around 16.0 (I already went up 2 jet sizes before doing this test because part throttle was driving like crap)

Full throttle: Pulls great, but is rich at 11.7

What to do: I plan to go down two jet sizes on my secondaries to lean out the wide open throttle. Shooting for 12.5. For my part throttle, this is where I am a little confused. Should I go up in main jet size? Or accelerator pump?

Thanks guys!