Hi all,

I have been running fuel lines and was provided rubber flex line (10mm- 3/8) about 15 feet or so. I laid it all out and was able to make that length work barely for sending line and return but it was tight and without the engine I am guessing at where to terminate the ends so that I can eventually connect to fuel injection. I will need to get some more to make final connections regardless.

I got some braided stainless steel to cover the rubber tubing and provide some additional protection and while that looked better I just didn't like the bulky look. Yea I know no one is really going to be checking out the underside of the car for that. While practical and much simpler than bending hard line I am going to run hard line. My plan is I will run the hard lines up into the engine bay on passenger side and terminate angling back towards the firewall from the side of the passenger footbox just as described in the assembly manual.

To go with the stainless steel brake lines I ran I am going to run 3/8 stainless fuel hard lines. Since I was going to be running 3/8 flex return, at this point I will plan on doing the same with hardline. I need to read the Fitech manual to confirm this though. The in tank fuel pump is all setup for AN6 fittings as is the fuel filter and per the Fitech manual those are the fittings that will be on the engine. I was provided all the push on fittings for connects using flex lines.

What I cannot figure out is what is the connection fitting I need to put on the hard lines before I flare the ends. I have the 37 degree flaring tools. Do I flare these hard lines? Or by looking at all the different connectors is it more of a compression fitting on the 3/8 tube with a male or female AN6 connection?

Also do I need or what is the value of a fuel line pressure regulator?

Discovering what I didn't know I didn't know before I started trying to be clever incorporating some of the modifications I have read about.

Ron