Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from the Middle East or good bye from the Middle East

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the Middle East or good bye from the Middle East

Wrapping up 4.5 Years working in Saudi Arabia coming this December - more than ready to get back home to Houston and just be home.

Contemplating 3 different builds (will pick just one based on inputs and gut feel eventually) for when I get back to good ole USA.

Picked the engine/tranny combo I want based on a lot of factors - mostly speed and durability. Saudi’s been good to me so need something to spend all this excess cash on.....lol

Going with Edelbrock’s supercharged 5.0 Coyote crate motor - full accessories and electronics, 785 HP and 660 torque - will be a twister.

Since I’ve gotten old and lazy - an automatic is in the plan - a Lentech 6R80 rated for 1200+ HP with a Quick 6 pro controller - and very nice torque converter from Circle D Specialities right here in Houston - well right there at home in H-Town. Paddle shrifters from Twist Machines - with some sort of floor shifter. Looking to get into competitive track/strip racing with this car.

Build will be all about Performance so contemplating either std MK4 or Challenge Car or straight up ‘33 hot rod - based on which will be best setup to keep all that power in check for both playing at dragstrip or track.

Fitting the 6R80 in will require some customization in any of those kits - but should be worth it in the end. Caught up on more than a couple of threads here about the 6R80 tranny behind a coyote.

So inputs on which way should best route to go to put some new technology into some old school looking cars mush appreciated. Leaning to Challenge car at moment as frame should be the most rigid of the three choices.
    Last edited by gnd_hog; 05-07-2018 at 12:40 PM.