I ran into another problem. After connecting the tail lights (as directed in the book) everything stoped working. The turn signal indicator now turns my hazard flasher on in both directions. I did a continuity test of the directional switch, I set the switch to right. On the column connector (column side) which showed when touching the purple wire (that goes to Flasher grey) and the other probe to left front and rear right lights and I got a beep. How does this turn on the hazards. This was the last straw.

I ripped the entire wiring harnessing out and it is in a pile on the garage floor. I talked to Painless Wiring and have a new harness coming ( I have rewired 2 cars prior with Painless) with GM color markings I am familiar with. I got the firewall plug so I refiber glassed the hole in my tunnel. I like the fact that Painless does not pre wrap the harness making it much easier to pick and chose how to combine the wires for routing. They also mark the entire wire. I don’t know what happened with the other harness, but I was never very happy trying to make the wrong harness (roadster) fit, look and feel like it belongs in the 33.

I will let you know if I have good or bad luck trying this approach. I spent a month trying to make the roadster wiring work, so $300 to end my frustration and to complete my build is worth it. Now I can neatly arrange and place all wires and connectors where I want them instead of the ClusterF I have been working in.

You guys have been super with your help and advise.

Thanks again
TomH33