Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: First Start, no video oops.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

First Start, no video oops.

In short I got the A50XS Gen I Coyote started today. Good news, everything works. I had a few fuel leaks, left some tubing nuts loose, found with the key on test. After getting the leaks addressed, and double checking everything, hit the key and like a new Ford, it fired right up. I grabbed my cell phone, while checking the gauges, oil presssue, volts, tach, everything looked good no leaks.
    I watched the engine temp rise, waiting on the rad fan to come on. Just past 160* the engine changed tones and the fan had kicked on.
    Now trying to find my video, apparently I never hit the record button. The engine fired up so quickly and I wanted to check so many things, I did not get it recorded.
    I did not have the side pipes bolted on and ran it out the 4 into 1 headers. I really feel good about how the engine and hooks ups, all worked.
    I set the fuel pressure, at idle with the vacuum line connected at 58 lbs. Is this right?
    It pushed a little coolant in to an empty oil bottle, temp overflow tank, and it pulled it back on cool down.
    No issues on filling the engine with coolant. We did jack the front up to ensure the filler was the highest point.
    I had some PS fluid push out the FFR reservoir cap vent. Fluid had a lot of air in it on first warm up. It cleared up on second warm up.
    Oil pressure at 100 lbs, idle at 900 rpm. The engine surged only the first time the fan kicked on. Throttle seems to work fine.
    I got all the gauges working right. The clock works fine with a battery, not charger, in the car. I got the fuel gauge calibrated with guidance from Speed Hut. I poured 4 gallons of VP C-9 in the tank. I know I am jumping around in my message, but still pumped over the engine.
    Now for the down side. After much consultation and verification on the clutch fork pivot bolt length, it looks like the trans will have to come out. I wish I had gotten better information on the bolt length. When the clutch is pressed to the floor, the fork is hitting the pressure plate. Shortening the outside linkage would not correct it. I am using the Ford bell housing from Forte, with his clutch and etc. I had a choice of 3 bolts and used the short black one. Hopefully I will be able put in a longer pivot bolt and verify it will work, before buttoning everything back up.
    Thanks for all the replies and advise on getting it up and running.
    I will try and post a video soon.
    Last edited by Railroad; 10-18-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post