Hello from the Toledo area. I have been considering building a roadster or 818 for a while. I just recently got a little bit more motivated and have started scouring this forum for ideas and tips. I know someone nearby who is working on a build presently. Haven’t made it over to check in on them yet but I will be. I’d also be interested in stopping out to see anyone else who currently has a build in-progress in the Toledo area. I’m going to have to start getting out to some cars and coffee type events in the spring for more ideas. That said, I am looking for advice regarding my potential build. Bottom line is that I’m looking to have a car that is enjoyable to take on longer drives.

Question 1: I want a suspension that will not jar me (or my wife) with every crack or stone in the road. I’m not quite sure how to get a feel for that (no pun intended) and since this is some of the first parts that will go on the car, I can't even think about getting started until I have the answer. For example, I was really excited a few years back when the Focus RS was announced, but after seeing videos and reviews of test drives, there was no way I wanted to have that car as a daily driver. A Cobra is definitely not going to be a daily driver but again, don’t want to punish myself. I’m hitting middle-age and my back isn’t what it used to be. Thoughts or advice?

Question 2: This means I will want it to have gearing that is more fuel efficient at interstate speeds. I like the coyote/T56 option that I have seen in this forum but I am also partial to having a 427 motor (I kinda miss my old ‘69 Mustang 428 cobrajet). Any ideas along those lines for something that would fit with a 6-speed or is that just not possible due to the overall length? I realize that ultimately the rear-end can scale to any engine/tranny configuration.

Question 3: I’m concerned that the Factory Five glass packs are going to be a bit overwhelming after an hour at 70 mph. Can anyone comment on the noise level at 1800-2000 rpm? The Boig Quietpipes look like a possibility. There was a video posted that gave a general idea of noise level. I'm afraid that they take away too much of the "fun sound". What other options are out there? Anything in between?

Finally: Any tips for using this forum? I haven’t figured out how to search the forum effectively. Most of what I have found seems more like dumb luck.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tom