Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speedhut gauge accuracy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speedhut gauge accuracy

I’m not sure if any one else has had this problem by my speedhut oil pressure gauge will read a constant say 30 psi at idle or 47 psi driving. Then every now and then maybe 1 minute intervals it will drop 5 psi for 10-15 seconds then it returns to its previous reading. Wiring is the Ron Francis harness and voltage is stable and clean. A mechanical gauge shows solid numbers so I know it’s the gauge. Kinda not had awesome luck with that gauge as I’m on my second sending unit which seems to be common with them. And to top it off the head light switch from time to time has some internal connection issue where with the gauge lights turn off with all the running lights working then with a wiggle of the wires they magically they light back up. Car only has 212 miles and I’m woundering about the durability of some of the FFR electrical parts. Don’t get me wrong I like the Ron Francis stuff it’s the other bits.
    Last edited by GFX2043mtu; 01-08-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.