Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel System Thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuel System Thoughts

Hi all, I'm getting to the stage of picking my fuel system for my Gen III and had a few questions:

1. Any negative experiences out there with in-tank pump setups? Other than being a little harder to access if something goes wrong, everything I read says the in-tank systems are the state-of-the-art (i.e. cavitation, heat, etc). Thoughts?
    2. Any thoughts or experience out there using this Aeromotive Hanger and pump system? https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/produc...pump-assembly/ I have a Gen III complete kit and assume the tank that comes with it is an OEM(ish) Mustang tank (mine is currently on backorder)? Is it '83-'97 compatible tank? I assume I could make anything work with enough cutting and welding, but would like to drop in as much as possible.
    3. I notice a lot of people are mounting their fuel pressure regulators in the engine bay, but I'm seeing a lot of discussion saying to mount it as close to the fuel tank as possible (less line to run and less heat build up from the engine on the return fuel). Thoughts?

P.S. I'm going Coyote if that helps inform opinions on the matter.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Alphamacaroon; 04-06-2019 at 04:26 PM.