FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Jeff's Roadster Build (GRADUATED Sept 2021)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Jeff's Roadster Build (GRADUATED Sept 2021)

Hi Everyone. Excited to be joining all of you. Just started a build of my Mk4 Roadster with a 347 engine.

Early on, it seems that I've had a few parts of the front suspension missing. So far F5 has been good about replacing the missing parts, but fingers crossed it was just a few small bumps that I found first.

Anyway, I have two questions about the front suspension setup:
    1. When setting up the upper front right control arm, I couldn't get it to the suggested alignment dimensions in the manual. The mounts bottomed out before I could get the right depth. The left side was fine.
    2. After mounting the spindle and torquing the nuts to the specified values, the right spindle is so tight I can't move it. The left spindle, however, is fairly easy to turn. Thoughts on why it would be tight to turn? Might it be related to the above issue with getting the alignment right? What suggestions do you have for me to troubleshoot this, or might it just loosen up later? I'm not sure how loose it should be, or if this indicates a problem with the ailgnment of the upper arm or if the balljoint has an issue. IMG_3028.jpeg

Thanks everyone!

IMG_2852.jpg
    Last edited by jeffisfast; 10-10-2021 at 11:56 AM.

2. Likes Kmcallahan liked this post