I have a MKIV with the Wilwood pedal box. It has the quadrant that is offset from the pedal. This was after they went to forged pedals, but before the quadrant re-design. Running a RAM clutch and TKO 600.

My pedal has been clicking once on the way down and once on the way up. I am getting ready for a track day, so was going to put a new cable on. You know how it goes when you open something up......

I took the cable off, which has some normal wear, 1 frayed strand. Then I checked the pedal for smoothness. I can twist the pedal an alarming amount. Probably 5 -10*. I think the left hole on the pedal box is ovalized due a few years of offset torque. Also the shaft to the quadrant is slightly bent. My clutch is pretty stiff and I am sure the increasing misalignment is making it worse. I think 21k miles of sideways torque has taken its toll.

So the offset quadrant has to go and I am likely in for a new pedal box (ouch). That is going to be a lot of fun on a completed car.

Should I:

1. Get the new in line quadrant from FFR and stay with the cable? How is this solution working out?
2. Go to a hydraulic setup? More expense, but I wouldn't mind a little less pedal effort either.

Is the Forte kit the way to go for hydraulic? I have seen a couple threads where he recommended a quadrant relocation to someone over hydraulic, which has me scratching my head a little.

Thanks for your opinions and advice.