Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash position with Replica Parts under dash support panel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dash position with Replica Parts under dash support panel

Today I installed the Replica Parts underdash support/filler panel. It looks like a very nice piece and I like how it totally encloses the underside of the dash and gives me plenty of space to mount stuff. I'm still debating how I'll finish it. One question I have is with regard to the dash position I end up with when using this filler panel. The filler panel can really only go in one position, as it attaches to the 2" tube and then has to follow the angle of the steering support brace, so this pretty well defines where the dash ends up. However, when I look at where the top of the dash relative to the 3/4" hoop and compare that to most photos I've seen, it seems really high to me. If needed, I could use some spacers between the panel and the lower edge of the dash to drop the dash, but I'm wondering if this position is in the ballpark, or way off?

Note that I'll be using the RT turn signal setup, so I'm not very concerned with the vertical position of the steering shaft hole at the moment, as I'll need to modify it.

Thanks,
    John

Last edited by JohnK; 06-23-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.