Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen III Wiring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gen III Wiring

I am getting to the point of starting wiring and I am feeling a bit apprehensive. This is the big step in my mind where I may shoot myself in the foot without realizing it until too far down the line. I have been reading threads and see a couple main options on where to mount the main control unit and I am not sure which way to go to have the simplest install. I am not trying to reinvent anything and would like to keep it as simple as possible with as few variables for mistakes as possible. One of the locations that is different then in the manual seems to be done by some really experienced builders. On one hand, I like to follow these guys when possible as they always have a reason for what they are doing and they know what they are doing. One of the reasons to mount in a different location then the manual seems to be related to not having the harness show in the interior. I guess I am not super concerned with this if it makes things a lot easier. What do you guys recommend for a new builder who is figuring this stuff out as he goes? I don't have any experience with this beyond plugging in harnesses with simple instructions that I could not screw up in the past. I am going to be going with a gen 2 Coyote I believe and do not have the Coyote control pack yet if that matters. Let me know if I should just go ahead and order that now before I order the engine. I was thinking of getting the wiring in place before ordering the motor, so I have as long a warranty as possible and did not waste that time with it sitting in the corner of my garage for too long. Thanks.
    Last edited by Tree; 07-02-2019 at 11:13 PM.