BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  91

Thread: VAHokie's Roadster Build Thread - Body Fitment Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Picked back up on the IRS install and first order of business was to install the toe arm. I noticed even after adding the spacers there was a small ~1/8" gap remaining. Not wanting to tighten anything down and possibly stress the mounts with that gap, I shot a note to FFR Tech to get some advice. Dan responded quickly confirming that in this instance it's OK to tighten down as-is.

Here's a pic of what I was talking about.

Most of the UCA and LCA frame mounts required the threaded rod method to open them up a bit, but everything went in fine. I have the DS mocked up before tackling the PS and torqueing everything down. Would appreciate some experienced builders set of eyes on this to ensure it's all set. Note, the jam nuts, adjustment sleeves, etc, have not been adjusted, they're just simply in place for now.

This is where the UCA meets the knuckle and the one I'm most interested to get confirmation it's installed correctly.

Here are two more shots of the DS mocked up.

One tip I picked up at the build school and did on the front LCAs (although I didn't call it out in my earlier post) as well as the rear was cut grooves in the bushing ends to help with grease travel on the ends. Here's a shot of one of the rear LCAs. I used a Dremel and cutoff wheel, running the grooves from the center openings out to the edge.
    Last edited by VAHokie; 11-04-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread