Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Nick's MK IV Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick's MK IV Build

Hello everybody,

So for some background story, in July my wife and I were at Barret Jackson in CT and as always I make it a requirement to walk by and look and chat at the cars and employees at the Factory Five booth cause it has always been a dream of mine to build one of these machines from craddle to the grave. I have never owned or build a project to this extent however do have experience in building cars. First project was a foxbody mustang which went from stock to 912 rwhp when complete; I was able to drive to the track 2 hours away and drive back which I was pretty proud of (ran 10.50's @ 142 mph on 650 rwhp tune, never ran it with 912 tune). Second project was a 2008 shelby gt500 which wasn't as indepth as the foxbody, however with upgraded exhaust, kennebell supercharger at 20 lbs and clutch car was running 10.50's on 18's with drag radials. Returning back to the barrett Jackson story, Factory five had a generous sale going on with a roadster at the time with most of the additions which I desired: IRS, Coyote option, headers, front/rear sway bars, mickey thompson with 305's on the rear all for a generous deal. Talking to my wife and telling her how much a good deal it was she surprised me with the reply of "so buy it" (she's amazing). Long story short, I was unable to bring that specific roadster home that day and picked up the car last friday on the 8th.

Plans for the build are:
    Coyote (with either aftermarket cams or bolt on a whipple or roush supercharger)
    TKO600
    drop trunk option
    battery relocation
    Wilwood Brakes front and rear
    hydrualic clutch
    air conditioning
    heater/defroster
    removable soft top
    i'm sure I am missing some and will add as they come to me

Below are pictures of the body buck. I used the dimensions and plans from FAQ section of FFCars.com https://www.ffcars.com/forums/106-ge...body-buck.html. I still need to add support beams on the sides, i'm not sure how homedepot does their quality assurance inspections with the wood that they buy, but a good handfull of the 2x4's that I purchased were significantly warped. I should have done a better inspection upon purchase, however it is difficult getting all the supplies when you are also responsible for a 16 month old while at HD.

This will be a pretty slow moving project due to my job and the typical long hours and ofcourse always got to set time for the important things such as family and our relatively new addition to the family. I look forward to meeting some new friends and joining this new community and am excited for what's in store.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nick7405; 12-29-2019 at 03:38 PM.