I haven't had much to talk about for the last few weeks, but as my foot recovers from surgery I was able to get into the shop and look at a few things today. I've driven the car about 400 miles now and it was a good opportunity to get it up on the lift today. The first thing that caught my eye is how poorly the spray on bed liner is holding up to the "slash" the snow plows spread on the roads when it snows. My soft NiCop brake line is right in the line of fire for the rocks that the tires are throwing at it. From the union rearward, I used armor (gravel guard), but the front is exposed from the union forward until the line enters the foot box. Obviously this will eventually fail, so I decided to make a miniature skid plate to protect the vulnerable line.

And after powder coat:

At some point, I'm going to need to do something with the panels that are getting chewed up. I'll likely go back to the roll-on bed liner, which is not showing any signs of wear on the splash guards.

Finally, I had a guy come by today to look at doing a polish and ceramic protection on the paint. He's going to start on Tuesday and thinks it will take him a couple of days. He'll be doing the work in my shop. I'll post pics when he's done. I'm still waiting to see if the state approved my personalized plates, or which of the three choices I put down gets approved.