Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  216
Likes Likes:  443

Thread: Fmans Dart 427 build #9818 - 14" Leather steering wheel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toadster View Post
    well you're officially past my progress Travis!

I love that hammered powdercoat - did you end up going to Orangevale? or other PC place?
    I wont be doing much more over the next few weeks, work is ramping up and hopefully a vacation planned with my family if things continue to open up. I ended up taking my panels to a place in Auburn called Advanced Performance Coatings, they had great reviews online. They quoted me $250 for all my panels I brought to them which I thought was a fair price. Hopefully everything turns out well, I will post up some pics of the final product. He was thinking about two weeks before I get them back.

I still can't finish my front end, I have no LCA's. I heard factory five is now beginning to open production again so hopefully I will see them sooner than later. Your build is looking great, I am following you and quite a few others on the forum which is definitely helping me! :-)

Panels drilled, cleco'd ready to be dropped off for powder coat

For my foot pedal access cover I chose to only rivnut lower section, it seems plenty tight. I am planning on using some type of rubber gasket on the inside cover to help with any vibrations. If need be I will add a few more rivnuts on upper section.
    Last edited by Fman; 05-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.

2. Likes toadster liked this post