So I was working on the alignment, getting ready for a go cart session, and noticed a drip of power steering fluid coming from the passenger side rack boot. Nothing on the floor yet, just the boot. So I pulled the boot and it was full of fluid. The new rack (reman) didnt even make the first drive! Looks like the seals are leaking on that passenger side.

IMG_6592.jpg

So I bought and installed the rack nearly 2 years ago now. Amazingly, it had a 3 year warranty. So a new one should be here tomorrow. Anyway, I got thinking about what the manual has you do to the rack before installation. Mainly these 2 tasks:
1) Cut 1.75" from the end of both inner tie rods
2) Install rack extensions on the rack

The rack I am using is a 1993 with performance suspension, which results in a tighter ratio.

After looking at the manual again, there are different instructions for 87-93 and 94-04 rack. The verbiage is not clear:
87-93 - Put a dot of thread lock on the threads of the steering rack extension and attach the Mustang inner tie rods to the steering rack.
94-04 - Put a dot of thread lock on the threads of the steering rack extension and attach the new inner tie rods to the steering shaft.
I am assuming that because I have a 1993 rack, I need to use the extensions, and the shortened inner tie rods. Is this correct? Ill hopefully be putting this all back together tomorrow, and get this thing back on the ground.