Connecticut owners: Proposed Bill No. 159: AN ACT REDEFINING "ANTIQUE, RARE OR SPECIAL INTEREST MOTOR VEHICLE" TO INCLUDE A REPLICA VEHICLE.

I'm sure most are aware of my insane vehicle property tax issues in Middletown, CT.
CT Owners Beware - Motor Vehicle Assessment Tax Increases! The town served me a 1500% increase on a vintage MKII in 2019, and increased it another 20% in 2020, In both years, I was unsuccessful with appeals.

I examined the ability to get classic plates. I was unsuccessful here as well, with CT DMV stating that even when a replica is 20 years old, it does not quality for classic plates. In CT, when a car is 20 years old, it is eligible for classic plates, and the tax assessment is capped at $500, therefore you annual tax is ~$20.

I gained the attention of a state senator who has now proposed a bill that would amend the general statues to redefine "antique, rare or special interest motor vehicle" to include a replica vehicle: Proposed Bill No. 159

I'm learning the process real time, but would encourage all CT owners to call their reps and senators in support of this bill. Without the classic plate eligibility, we are all exposed to these abusive tax increases.